Terms & Conditions
We operate the website “sellmyphone.org” (referred to as “our site”), we are Ring Ring Distribution Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with the following details:
Company number: 10894555
Ring Ring Distribution Ltd.
50 Salisbury Road
You can contact us at our registered office, or by the following methods:
Telephone: 0330 1331 312
By placing a order with us you will be in a binding contract with Ring Ring Distribution and their terms and condition stated below.
Selling your Device
Before you send us your device, please make sure you do the following:
- Read these terms and conditions carefully.
- Make a note of your devices IMEI number, the IMEI number is unique to each device and can always be used to track your handset. The IMEI number can be found by typing *#06# into your device's dialing screen.
- Remove all personal files e.g. images, messages, emails etc. before sending your phone. We are not responsible for your private information. Any device received that has not been wiped of data will be erased before we start the grading process.
- Remove all SIM and memory cards before sending your device - Any SIM or memory cards received by us will be destroyed and we are not liable for any charges incurred if a SIM has been sent to us.
- It is your responsibility to terminate any contracts associated with your device, ensuring any contracts have been honored, failure to make payments on a handset contract will lead to it being blacklisted and we are unable to accept any device that has been blacklisted.
- Remove any activation locks, iCloud, Samsung or Google accounts associated with the device; this is very important as we will be unable to process your order until the accounts are removed.
- Remove any PIN, password or screen locks.
- Ensure the device is not blacklisted or reported stolen or lost, you can check this using the CheckMEND database, www.checkmend.com.
- Check the handsets conditions below and make sure your device meets the criteria.
- Submit an order on our website, after which you will receive an quote from us, a free postage label or a sales pack in the post. The information on the order form must be accurate, or else you may not receive the full estimated price.
When submitting an order and sending your device you affirm that:
- You are a resident of the United Kingdom
- You are at least 18 years of age (or if under 18 years, have received permission from your parent/guardian)
- You are able to enter into a binding contract
- We are not responsible for any liabilities or claims resulting due to a breach in any of these conditions.
Posting Your Phone
You can send your device to us in one of two ways: Royal Mail 48® Tracked Service (freepost) or Royal Mail Special Delivery (you pay the cost).
We provide a free postal service for sending your device to us. This service is a Royal Mail Free Tracked Returns Service, however, it is important to note that this service is only insured up to the value of £50. For devices valued higher than £50 we recommend that you post by an insured service such as Special Delivery. This ensures that your device is insured against loss or damage in the postal system to the value of £500.
The postal service you use is at your discretion but should you choose to use our Tracked Returns Service and the device gets lost or stolen whilst in the care of Royal Mail, we will only provide compensation up to the value of £50. Compensation is provided upon receipt of a proof of posting tracking receipt which you can obtain from your local Royal Mail Posting Office.
If you have ordered a mail in pack, this will include adhesive postal label and instructions only, Please do not use the same envelope to return the device as it will not be secure. You the customer are responsible for the secure packing of the device to avoid any kind of damages in transit.
We will not be liable for lost or damaged products in the postal system, it is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the details of insurance levels provided by the Post Office. We can not pay you for devices which we don't receive. We become responsible for your device once received at our premises.
All devices should be sent to us at:
Ring Ring Distribution Ltd
Before sending your device, please ensure the device you are sending is of the same make and model as in the order form and meets the following criteria:
Brand New Boxed
- To receive the full value of your new mobile phone is dependent on ALL of these conditions being met below:
- The phone must be in brand new boxed, unopened condition.
- The device must be original (UK/European spec) and meet the manufacturer's original specifications.
- The phone should not be at any case a refurbished /reconditioned, an insurance replacement or a counterfeit.
- Te phone should not have its sim or memory card glued in.
- There must be no calls or "personal data" saved on the phone and call timer must be zero.
- No calls have been made or received or else phone is classified as used.
- The phone must not have any marks or scratches on the body or screen.
- All protective screen seals must not have never been removed and show no signs of use.
- The box of the phone should be of original manufacturer, not generated or white box and it should not be damaged, ripped or damaged in any way.
- The IMEI on the box must match that on the phone (damaged or missing IMEI stickers are not permitted).
- All unopened accessories (battery, mains charger, headphones) and user manuals etc. must be supplied and be completely unused and brand new.
- The memory card, stylus, etc. should be included if one was supplied by the manufacturer of service provider.
- Switch on and off and fully functional.
- Be fully functional, all functions must work perfectly such as the microphone, earpiece, camera, screen tc.
- Be complete with battery and back cover (if removable).
- Have an intact screen (with no cracks, regardless of size).
- Have a working LCD and touch screen (with no dead pixel damage, cracks, lines or a white screen).
- Device must not be bent, crushed, cracked and should have no missing buttons, component or any part
- No water or Liquid damage of any kind.
- Be original with no fake components.
- Have all PIN, passwords and screen locks removed.
- Have all iCloud, Samsung and Google accounts removed.
- Have no software or hardware issues.
- Be able to make calls, accept a UK SIM and connect to WIFI.
- Be unlocked or on a UK network only.
Any device you send us must:
- Be intact and not crushed, broken in half or bent in any way.
- Screen must power on and off.
- Be complete with the battery.
- Not have missing components such as camera, LCD etc.
- Not have any liquid or water damage.
- Not be beyond economical repair.
- Not have previous repair attempts.
- Typically Faulty or Damaged phones include software issues, broken LCD screens, faulty charging ports, heavy scratches, cracked screens, faulty speakers, faulty microphones etc.
Processing Your Device
Given the many variations of condition of phones and tablets, it is very difficult to give a ‘one price fits all’ service. We don’t make price promises which can’t be kept, we give an accurate valuation of your device upon receipt and offer you a price which is highly competitive and in a lot of cases is higher than other recyclers.
The website price will be paid for devices in great cosmetic and fully working condition. This means either no marks/scratches etc or minor marks/scratches which don’t affect the recyclable value. Based on the condition of your device, we may send you a revalue offer. This will be done by email so please ensure that you check your emails regularly, including checking junk/spam mail. The offer email will give you two options; to either accept the price or to reject the price. If we reduce the price on the bases of cosmetic condition or marks and scratches we and the seller doesnot like thr revised price, we will send the device back to the customer free of charge. If the price reduction is based on the fault, crack or any kind of damage or wrong information and seller reject the revised price, there will be £10 return postage fee applied. Please be assured that if we can not reasonably justify a reduction in price, we will NOT reduce it. We will offer you a fair and competitive price for your device based on its cosmetic condition and functionality testing.
Upon receipt of your device, we will carry out one of the following:
(1) we will test the device and process it at the full order confirmation price. In this case no final email will be sent with an option to accept or reject the price. The full website price is automatically paid.
(2) based on the condition and market value of your device, we will send you an email confirming the final price we can pay for your device. You will have the choice to either accept or reject this price.
We do not accept lost, stolen or blacklisted device. We check all the devices received via www.checkmend.com a crime protection database, to ensure they are not lost or stolen. (For more information, see the lost, stolen and blacklisted devices section below).
If a device booked in does not meet our grading criteria then we will contact you with an amended price. If you do not accept the new value in the correct category, we will return your device with the return postage charge of £10. If we do not hear from you within 5 working days, the adjusted payment may be processed.
You are entitled to change your mind and not proceed with the sales transaction before you post the device to us. There is no cost associated with this. Once you have posted your device to us, you cannot cancel the contract. We will only return your device in the case where we have offered you a re-value price for your device and you subsequently reject the offer.
Please Note: If we offer you a lower price due to the physical appearance of the device as minor wear and tear or very light scratches, and you do not accept this lower price, we can return your device free of charge. However, if we offer a lower price due to the condition not being the same as you stated originally when placing the order or doesn't meet the grading or condition criteria to obtain full quoted price or for example, if you state that it is unlocked, but actually it is locked on a specific network or if you class it as working, when in fact it is faulty, then if you decline the revised offer and would like your device back, we will charge a £10 return fee. If we do not hear from you within 5 working days, we may either recycle the device or process the adjusted payment.
In addition, if you send us a device that has an Activation/iCloud lock, we will contact you to unlock it. If we do not hear from you within 14 days, we may recycle the device and will not make any payment for it. If you send us a device with password or screen locks, we will contact you to help us remove them. If we do not hear from you within 3 days, we may process the adjusted payment. In either of these cases, if you would like your device returned to you, we will charge a £10 postage fee.
We reserve the right to reject any device if it is not acceptable. If we choose to not buy your device, we will contact you. You can either ask us to return it or we can recycle it. If we do not hear from you within 5 working days or if you do not ask us to return the item, we may automatically recycle the device.
We accept original packaging (box), chargers and accessories, however this will not increase the value of your order and we may not be able to return it.
Trade in Prices
The prices offered on our website include any applicable tax at the current rate. We reserve the right to change prices at any time without notice, however, if your order has been submitted, then the price quoted for your device will be guaranteed for 14 days. If your device is not received by us within these 14 days, or does not adhere to our terms and conditions, then the current prices will apply (if they have changed during this period) or we may refuse to buy your device.
If we choose not to buy your device, or if you cannot accept the lower adjusted price, then the device will be returned using Royal Mail 48® Tracked Service.
Payment and ownership of your device
The ownership of the device passes on to us as soon as we send you the payment or if/when we recycle the device.
We offer payments by cheque, bank transfer or paypal. You can choose the method in which you would like to receive the payment on the order form; however, this payment method cannot be changed once you submit the order. After we have tested your device and ensured that it meets our terms and conditions, we will post/make the payment on the same day of receiving your device. Please note, our working days are Monday to Friday and office hours are 10am-5pm. Any devices received on a weekend will not be processed until the next working day, which is Monday.
Bank transfer and cheque payments can only be paid to the account details or name and address you have provided in the online order form. We cannot recall or reissue bank transfer payments once they have been made. You should wait 2 hours for bank transfer payments to reach your account, and 2-3 working days for a cheque payment.
Please ensure you provide us with the correct bank account details or paypal email address - If you provide us with incorrect payment details and do not inform us before the payment is processed then we do not accept liability for this - payments cannot be recalled.
If your cheque is damaged, we are happy to reissue it, free of charge. You can request to have it reissued by writing to us at the following address and including the damaged cheque:
Ring Ring Distribution Ltd
If we do not receive your damaged cheque, or if you have lost it, a cancellation fee will apply and be deducted from the reissued cheque value. We will only reissue non-received cheques 14 days after the original date of cheque issue. Due to bank administration, this may take up to 7 days.
We cannot be held responsible for delays in payments due to third parties.
Lost, Stolen or blacklisted Device
Each single device received by Ring Ring Distribution Ltd is checked against the national CheckMEND database to ensure it has not been reported stolen, lost or blacklisted. If the sent device has been found to have a record that suggests it has been lost, stolen or blacklisted, we will isolate the device for a period of 7 days and will email you to notify you of this and what to do next. The payment will also be withheld until the CheckMEND database does not show the device as lost, stolen or blacklisted. However, if you have contacted CheckMEND to prove you are the rightful owner and the device has been cleared from the database within the 7 day isolation period, then the full original price will be paid. If it is not removed within 7 days, and it has not been claimed by the rightful owner, by law we must destroy it and you will not receive any payment.
Your contract with us is formed, when we receive an order form, offering us to purchase your device. The contract is conditional upon us receiving the device and in accordance with these terms and conditions. The estimated payment depends on the condition of the device, and once payment has been made and we have received the device, ownership of the device passes on to us. The contract between us will expire as soon as we purchase, recycle or return your phone fulfilling these terms and conditions.
You may cancel the contract without any charge at any point until the time you send us the device. After this, you cannot cancel the contract with us; however, the contract will be terminated if it doesn't meet our terms and conditions.
We are not liable and cannot be held responsible for any unforeseeable loss or damage that may occur to you or any third party. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraud, misrepresentation or any other liability which cannot be legally excluded or limited.
Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control or due to our compliance with any applicable laws or regulations.
In the unlikely event you have any complaints about our service then please send your complaint in writing to:
Ring Ring Distribution Ltd
These terms and conditions are governed by English law and claims in relation to our contract with you are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If you need to contact us in relation to our contract with you, please use the methods set out in these terms and conditions. If we need to contact you, we may do so using any of the contact details you provided to us, including in your order form.
If a court finds part of our contract with you unenforceable, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms and conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
This contract is between you and us. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under your contract with us without our prior written consent. We may transfer our rights and obligations under this contract at any time (although we will let you know and will ensure that this does not affect your rights under your contract with us). No person other than you and us shall have any rights to enforce any of the terms of this contract.
Even if we delay in enforcing our contract with you, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms and conditions, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking our contract with you, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date